Reporting in iContracts 6.0
Release 6.0 includes changes to the user interface in the run-time report viewer under the Reporting/Analytics tab. This change affects the way fields and filters are added and updated interactively when not using design mode.
Note: If you will be updating a report and want to save your changes, click the pencil icon to go into design mode.
The following describes the features available after a report has been selected from the report list and opened in the report viewer.
Each filter will allow you to select the field, the operator, and the filter value. In the example below, the field is Period, the operator is Equals, and the Value is 2016 3. This will cause the report to return only records where the Period field contains the value 2016 3
- To change the value of the filter, use the white box under the field name. Select or enter the new value.
- To change the operator of the filter, mouse over the blue area of the field and click the settings icon. A new window opens and allows the user to select the desired operator from the dropdown list
- if using Equals (List), items must be separated by a comma
- if using Equals (Select), use caution when using with Rebate Payments or Indirect Sales datasources.
- To add an additional field to the filter
- click the blue plus sign
- Select the field from the drop down
- Click the settings icon to select the operator
- Select or enter the value
- To delete a field from the filter, mouse over the blue area of the field. Click
Adding and Removing Fields
- Click the Fields tab in the top right
- The screen is updated with a column of available fields on the left and a column of selected fields on the right.
- To add a field select the desired field on the left and then click the right arrow to move to the right column
- To remove a field from the report select the field in the right column and then click the left arrow to move to the left column
- To reorder the fields in the right column, select the desired field and use the UP or DOWN arrows below the field selection columns
- Click update FIELD PROPERTIES to update the format of the selected field. This functionality is also available by clicking the gear icon that appears when the user moves the cursor over a selected field in the right column
- Click update results to view the report on the screen or click an export option to save the results to a file. Pro Tip: Each time you select to save the results, the report is run again. To save time, after you set your filters and fields, you can skip the update results and save directly to file