Feature Highlight: Rebate Payer Queue Enhancement
With the iContracts 6.0 release we added a new feature that allows you to submit rebate calculations to a queue so that they process in the background and free you up to work on other things.
- You should use this when you need to calculate multiple rebates at one time
- You can use this any time you calculate a rebate
Add a Rebate to the Scheduler.
Use the Rebate Processing->Calculate functionality. On this screen with the rebate period selected, the user can check mark the ‘Add to Rebate Scheduler’ check box and then check mark the rebates to be added to the schedule for the chosen rebate period.
After the user clicks SUBMIT, the rebates selected will be added to the Rebate Calculation Queue. The Rebate Scheduler runs every hour.
View the Rebate Schedule Queue
There is also an additional screen added with this enhancement under Rebate Processing->Monitor Rebate Calculation Queue
Enter the desired search criteria.
In the Status Field, you can select Not Yet Started, In Process, or Complete
The system returns a list matching the criteria.
In the example below, the Status was set to Not Yet Started:
To delete a rebate from the scheduler and prevent it from calculation, click the Delete link.
A rebate will be removed from the scheduler list if:
- The rebate was approved before the calculation ran
- The rebate was deleted from the queue
The rebate will be automatically removed from the scheduler list 3 days after the calculation completed.
Set up Requirements
- User with access to Rebate Payer will also need the role REBATE_CALCULATION_BY_BATCH to access the Rebate Processing->Monitor Rebate Calculation Queue screen
- If you would like the default for Add To Rebate scheduler to always be check marked, there is a setting in Contract Core > Admin > Application Settings in the Rebate Payer Section