The Product Standard Cost interface can be used to upload the current standard cost, the standard cost history, or future standard cost for a product. When uploading the standard cost history for a product, the ‘Cost Start Date’ cannot be a date prior to the product’s Market Date (located in Government Pricing->Pricing Configuration->Product Information). An end date is not required because the iContracts application will automatically end date the prior standard cost to have an end date of one day prior to the next cost’s start date.
To replace an existing standard cost with a new value, as long as the Cost Start Date in the file matches the start date for the existing standard cost, the iContracts application will overwrite the existing standard cost with the new value from the file.
- Format the standard cost into the following interface format:
- Delete the header rows and columns (in the above sample, rows 1-6 and columns A-B need to be deleted) and save the file as a text tab delimited file (.txt).
- The role PRODUCT_INTERFACE is required
- Navigate to Contract Core->Interfaces->Upload Product Std Cost
- Click Choose File, locate the .txt file to upload, click UPLOAD
- The Standard Cost can be viewed by navigating to Contract Core->Product Maintenance->Change
- Search for the product and click ‘Change’
- On the 1. Header stepper, locate the Standard Cost field. The current standard cost is based on ‘Today’s’ date and should be displayed. To view the historical or future standard cost, click on the drill down (…)